To create this fun card I used lots of Craftin Desert Divas amazing products:
- Fancy Frame dies for the stitched scallop base
- Beach Scene stencil for the inked palm tree and birds
- Ocean Borders dies for the two waves and the slider
- Flag Banner dies for the sentiment
- Ahoy Matey digital stamp set for the ship and sentiment
- TH Oxide inks for the palm tree, birds, and the waves
- Whale popsicle digital stamp
- Uniball White pen for the detail on the whale
- Nuvo drops morning dew
I first die cut the scallop frame and then inked the palm tree and birds with the stencil. Next, I die cut the two waves at varying heights and inked with oxide inks, darker at the bottom of the waves. I then ran the larger wave through with the slider die and glued the two together.
The images and sentiment I resized, printed on alcohol marker paper, and colored with copic markers. I die cut the sentiment out of the stitched banner.
To make the slider, I used a pop dot and adhered it to a penny to weigh it down and slide. I pop dotted the whole piece of waves and the slider whale at the bottom of the scallop frame.
I then glued the boy in the ship behind the wave and glued the sentiment banner to wave. For the final embellishment I added nuvo clear drops for water effect around the ship.
If you haven’t tried a slider card, I highly recommend it! Much easier to do than I thought, and so much fun to play with your card after its done!
If you really like CDD Digital stamps check out their monthy digi club!