I love popsicle stamps, and Craftin Desert Divas has taken it to another level by turning them into adorable animals!
To create my card I resized my digital stamps to about 2″, printed on alcohol marker paper, and colored with a variety of copic markers. The sentiment comes from the Believe in Magic Digital Stamp Set. I resized it to fit into the CDD stitched circle and die cut around the sentiment.
Next, I created my own stencil using my electronic die cutting machine. I taped it over thick 110lb white cardstock, inked with Tim Holtz Oxide inks: squeezed lemonade and fossilized amber, and sprayed with a shimmer mist like CDD shimmer spray.
I used three different dies from CDD and used thick 110lb white cardstock to cut the circles:
To create the little shaker circles:
- I die cut the circle frames and ink
- I die cut an extra circle frame and trace it on white cardstock 5 times
- I fussy cut around the traced circle inside the pencil mark
- I run the circle frame through my die cutting machine with double sided adhesive foam 5 times. If you notice, one is not a full circle, this is okay since you won’t see this when the frame is cut, so use up your scraps!
- I held the circles I cut from step 3 and cut from acetate 5 times
To assemble the shaker cards:
- I peeled off the backing on one side and adhered the acetate
- I glued the inked circle frame on top of the acetate
- Flip over the circle and add sequins, I added starburst sequins
- To finish the shaker, I peeled off the backing and added the white solid circle
I added the inside scallop circle around the sun ray and put the sentiment in the middle pop dotted. I then glued the shakers down in rainbow color order.
To finish the card I glued the popsicle animals on the sides of the shakers and colored the stars around the sentiment with silver stardust pen.
This seems like a lot of steps, but it really wasn’t too long to make because of doing it in multiples of the shakers.
I recommend taking a look at Craftin Desert Divas Digi Club you get some great deals on prices for digital stamps!
Thanks for stopping by!