Our first day of peeks for the December release at Craftin Desert Divas and sharing these marvelous trolls with you! Our house is a super hero house and these guys( & one gal) were a blast to color up! They can be yours Monday 12/10!
To create this fun long card to fit all of my marvelous trolls (since I can’t just pick one!) I used:
- Marvelous Trolls stamp set (available 12/10)
- Space Cadet digital stamp set for the earth
- Burst stencil (available 12/10)
- lots of oxide inks squeezed lemonade, fossilized amber, wild honey, abandoned coral, twisted citron, seedless preserves, blueprint sketch, iced spruce, hickory smoke, and black soot for the galaxy
- versamark to heat emboss the sentiment
- silver gel pen to add accents to the costumes
I scored an 8 1/2 x 11 thick white cardstock in half for my card base. I then trimmed a piece of watercolor paper to 4 1/4 x 11 to ink the galaxy on. I started my galaxy by taping the stencil over the top left area and inked with the light yellow and oranges. I then took the stencil off and faded it with squeezed lemonade. I worked my way out with darker colors, using lots of blending to the way I wanted it. Next, I wet my paint brush and dipped in white paint and splattered my galaxy to create the stars.
For the earth I printed on my computer and colored with copic markers and inked to fade and blend the colors. I colored the marvelous characters with copics and highlighted with the silver gel pen. I pop dotted the earth and characters on the card and heat embossed the sentiment with black.
In the stamp set you get Thor, Hulk, Hawkeye, Captain America, Black Widow(& I think you could color her up to be Deadpool too!) & Iron man!
Keep following us on the Craftin Desert Divas blog as we bring you 4 days of our December release! They can all be yours on Monday 12/10!